1. Renoma shopping center: Flagship work of European modernism. The store was opened on April 2, 1930 as one of Berlin's department stores. On the meticulously restored facade we can admire the craftsman's work such as 100 sculpture portraits (head), representing different ethnicity, as well as colorful, shimmering in the sun plates, decorated partly with real gold.
2. Monument of The first Polish King Boleslaw Chrobry.
4. Wroclaw's Opera House was built between 1837-41 by Carl Langhans (creator of the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin). The theatre was one of the most prestigious stages in Germany. The construction was burnt down twice and rebuilt several times.
5. Monopol Hotel opened in 1892 and was the place where Pablo Picasso created his famous “Dove of Peace”.
6. The Church of St. Stanislaw, Dorota and Waclaw. Inside this Gothic construction you will find altars, paintings and Rococo tomb of Duke Spatgen.
7. Swidnicka Street
Trip one on pictures: Click on picture to see bigger size and info.
8. Market Square (build in XIII century) with the City Hall surrounded by beautiful townhouses. On the top of City Hall's tower is an astronomic clock from 1580.
10. Little John & Little Mary houses.
11. The St. Elisabeth Church, which has 91 meters tall observation tower with very steep and tight spiral stairs.
12. The Wroclaw University is a complex of 3 baroque buildings from the beginning of XVIII century.
13. The Church of the Blessed Name of Jesus (University Church) is one of the most beautiful baroque churches in Central Europe.
14. The Market Hall. One of the biggest traditional markets in the city.
15. Sand Island. Panoramic view of Tumski Island and passenger cruises stop.
16. Tumski Bridge, where couples hang padlocks as a symbol of their eternal love.
17. The St John the Baptist Cathedral. An elevator takes people to the top of cathedral’s tower where they can admire a panoramic view of the whole city. To the left side of the entrance you'll find a small replica of The Cathedral made to be explored by blind people.
Back trip to Renoma shopping mall (distance: 2.8 km, 2,5 hours):
Please visit our virtual walking tour around Market Sqare (build in XIII century) with the City Hall surrounded by beautiful townhouses. You may begin the walking tour by clicking on the red arrows. (tour link)